It will offer a Main Fund and selected individual funds, one for each of the causes Kijani represents.
The principles of the fund are:
- For Kijani, in both the UK and in Kenya, to act as the umbrella for the individual causes, representing The Fund’s Donors
- To select well managed causes that conform to Kijani principles
- To discuss and agree the needs of the project with the manager and its people
- To check the financial requirements
- To seek the approval of the Kijani Endowment Fund Trustees
- To monitor the progress and arrange for Kijani’s accountants to check the expenditure
- To report to the donors on a six monthly basis
Donors are invited to place funds in the general account or in a specific account for the cause of their choice.
The fund is a CIO registered charity and regulated by the UK Charity Commission.